If your home has been damaged in a storm, that is what your homeowner’s insurance policy is for, and you should not settle for compensation that does not cover the full scope of your home’s damages, contact an experienced lawyer.
Florida certainly sees its fair share of dangerous storms, and our homes often pay the price. If your home’s been damaged in a storm, you need to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled in order to restore your home to its former integrity. Ensuring that the insurance company provides you with a settlement amount that is up to this task, however, is often no easy feat. A dedicated Orange County insurance claims attorney will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf – while skillfully advocating for your best interests throughout the claims process.
If Your Storm Damage Claim Is Denied
You purchased homeowner’s insurance in a good faith effort to protect your home in the event of damage, such as from a storm. If your storm damage claim has been denied, it’s only natural to feel disappointed, but you should not give up. The fact is that insurance companies are businesses like any others, and they are motivated to protect their bottom lines. Sometimes, this involves minimizing settlement offers or even denying claims out of hand. Some claimants are so frustrated by the process or so desperate for any compensation that they’re willing to accept almost any offer – or are simply too beaten down to fight their claim being denied outright. Don’t be one of these claimants.
Insurance companies have many tactics in their arsenals that help them justify denying or diminishing claims that should be fully covered, including:
- Categorizing the damage to your home as being outside the scope of your homeowner’s policy
- Performing an inadequate investigation of the damage to your home
- Assigning the cause of your home’s damage to factors that your policy doesn’t cover
- Offering repair costs for damage that actually requires replacement
- Engaging in unreasonable delays in the claims process
Whatever the insurance company throws at you, however, your experienced insurance claims attorney will zealously counter with thoughtful and thorough legal advocacy in protection of your rights.
Assessing Your Full Range of Damages
If your home was damaged in a serious storm like a hurricane, many other homes were similarly damaged, and this means that insurance companies need to crank out damage assessments. This is where many storm damage claims go awry for all of the following reasons:
- The adjusters are overworked and, as a result, provide inadequate damage assessment reports.
- The insurance companies take advantage of the mayhem brought by the storm and push undervalued damage assessments through.
- The adjusters and the insurance companies are in cahoots, and their shared goal is creating undervalued assessments.
An Experienced Orange County, Florida, Insurance Claims Attorney Can Help
At The Law Offices of Jerrod Paul, our dedicated insurance claims attorneys are committed to zealously defending your storm damage claim – in pursuit of compensation that will restore your home to its former structural integrity and functionality. We’re here for you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at (407) 588-0343 today.BACK TO BLOG